Personal and Business Services
As the region’s most enduring accounting firm, we’re proud to serve individuals, families, businesses, nonprofits, and government in northeast and north central Kansas with a growing list of accounting services. Learn more about our services below.
We provide a variety of services for corporations, small businesses, nonprofits, and government, including:
For generations, we've proudly partnered with farming, ranching, and agribusiness operations to help manage their businesses. Our tax professionals understand the unique opportunities and challenges in the agricultural industry and have the farm and capital management experience to provide effective solutions through every season, including:
- Tax services
- Specialized consulting
DISCLOSURE: ProSportsTax operates as a division of Sink, Gordon & Associates LLP.
Financial planning for professional athletes involves a team approach with the client, the client’s manager, and the client’s sports financial advisor. Together, we can help athletes with wealth management, including:
- Minimizing taxes
- Maximizing the client's after-tax income and cash flow
Visit ProSportsTax for more information.
Our goal is to make IT work for your business so your business can focus on what it does best. Our IT support specialists can troubleshoot issues with software and hardware, including desktops, laptops, servers, and networking equipment. Our managed IT services include:
- 24/7 monitoring of critical infrastructure
- Software installation, configuration, and upgrades
- Data maintenance and backup monitoring
- System and network management
- Equipment upgrades and installations
- Preventative maintenance
- Antivirus configuration and monitoring
- Security patch management
- General IT consulting
A key element to building and preserving wealth is planning. For generations, our financial advisors have supported clients in the creation and realization of their financial goals. No matter what phase of life you are in, we can help you:
- Plan to save for retirement
- Plan to save for your child’s education
- Protect your family in the event of disability or major accident
- Leave a legacy for your heirs
Our managed payroll services can free you up to focus on other aspects of your business. By outsourcing your payroll management with us, we can:
- Prepare and print checks
- Coordinate direct deposits
- Complete IRS and state tax reporting
- Produce detailed reports on employee paid time off usage and accruals
- Maintain payroll records
- Generate easy-to-understand monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax reports, including W-2, W-3, and 1099 forms
We also offer these custom payroll reports and services:
- Worker’s Compensation audits
- W-2, W-3, 1099, and 1096 processing
- Preparation and assistance with federal and state registration forms
Few things are more important to business owners than the value of their business. An objective business appraisal can make the difference between loss or gain and success or failure. We can help calculate the value of your company in situations like:
- Negotiating a merger
- Considering new shareholders
- Reviewing purchase and sale documents
- Dispute resolution associated with liability, shareholder equity, estate planning, or divorce
DISCLOSURE: Sink, Gordon & Associates LLP is a business consulting, tax, and financial services provider and works closely with James Gordon & Associates CPA, P.A., an independent CPA firm, providing audit, review and attest services.
Working with James Gordon & Associates CPA, P.A., we conduct business audits and can provide a variety of reports, including:
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Litigation support
Our fraud investigation professionals can also help you mitigate risk with:
- Risk assessments
- Financial report reviews
- Unusual financial activity investigations
Visit James Gordon & Associates CPA, P.A. for more information.
If you’re one of the many companies or small businesses using Intuit QuickBooks, we can help you make the most of this accounting software program. Whether you are switching accounting methods, need to clean up your QuickBooks records, or are launching a new business and need to implement accounting software for the first time, our QuickBooks accountants can help you set up the program and provide one-on-one training to meet your business’s needs.
- Answer specific questions and address any concerns
- Focus training on your issues and demonstrate key features that can help your business
- Provide ongoing support and guidance
Save time, manage your funds more effectively, and focus where you need to by outsourcing this ongoing task to us.
Our bookkeepers can:
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Generate income statements
- Generate balance sheets
- Clean up and manage your general ledger
- Consult with you on strategies and solutions to help your bottom line
We provide much more than tax filing services. Our tax professionals and CPAs have experience in tax compliance and can provide strategies to help you plan. Planning and preparation are key. We’ll help you file your taxes with confidence.
We prepare and file tax returns for:
- LLCs and LLPs
- Estates, trusts, and gifts
- Not-for-profit organizations
We also offer assistance with payroll tax.
When families are grieving, managing an estate can be especially daunting. Every situation is unique and having a plan in place can provide peace of mind for you and your family. You do not have to go it alone. We can provide guidance on estate and trust planning from a financial perspective before you work with an attorney to draw up legal documentation.
We can help with:
- Estate taxes
- Understanding different types of trusts, like revocable and living trusts
- Setting up trust accounts
- Reducing the taxable estate through charitable giving
- Advising on beneficiaries